Every day thousands of people are injured in accidents, from car crashes to accidents at work to those who contract industrial diseases such as asbestosis.
The injuries are often minor but can sometimes be serious enough to turn your life and that of your family upside down.
If you have suffered an accident where you might be able to claim compensation and would like a free assessment, simply click here to contact us.
The Accident and Injuries Solicitors Department is run by:
- Andrew Payne, Director and member of the Law Society Accreditation Scheme for Personal Injury work since inception
Imagine your daughter was in a car crash and suffered a head injury that will alter the rest of her life. Ask yourself:
- Could I cope with looking after her?
- What happens to my income if I have to give up work to care for her?
- What benefits are available to help us?
- Can I be sure that the best treatment is available to help her recover?
- What happens in, say, 30 years when she is middle aged but can’t work and you can’t look after her?
- Will the state be able to help her?
- What happens if the money runs out?
Imagine your machine at work suddenly develops a problem and your foot is dragged into it. Your ankle and foot are badly injured. You are off work for 6 months and the doctor tells you that you can’t do your normal job again? Ask yourself:
- What about the mortgage payments I missed?
- What about my lost earnings?
- My wife had to take time off work to look after me. Can I seek to recover her wages as well?
- Can I get back to working again?
- What job could I do?
You are an elderly man out for a drive with your wife. An oncoming van collides head-on with your car and both you and your wife are badly injured. Three days later she dies of her injuries. Ask yourself:
- How well will I recover from my injuries?
- How long will it take?
- What happens after I am released from hospital? If I have to go into a residential home, how long for? Who pays? What happens to my savings? Will they all be swallowed up? And what happens when my savings run out? Will I have to go home? Who will look after me then?
Fictional examples? Hardly. These are real cases and illustrate some of the cases which accidents and injury solicitors at Farnworth Shaw handle for our clients every day.
An accident claim is not just about compensation, it is about solving real life practical problems and requires a multi-disciplinary approach to things like rehabilitation, employment, DSS benefits, pensions, insurance and investments.
If your injuries are caused through someone else’s fault, then you may be able to bring a claim for money to help you rebuild your life or that of your family. Even if you believe your injuries may have been your own fault, proper investigation often shows someone else is at least partly to blame and so liable to pay you some compensation.
We assess many potential claims each year and we make no charge for doing this. We will give prompt and reliable advice as to the likelihood of you succeeding in a compensation claim.
Many clients are concerned about the costs of pursuing a claim, particularly if they lose. There are now a variety of ways of funding any claim and we will advise you what sort of funding is best for you.